Were here to learn how to install init.d support on basically any Android device, yes you read that right! Any Android , even the ones with those ancient Arm V5 600 Mhz processors.
Now before we proceed you might be asking what is this init.d and why do we need it, well there’s a long story behind this but for now hear this, why do we root, why do we install Custom ROMs?
Because we want to tweak the performance of our device and to get features that are not available on the Stock ROM and also because it gives us more space as to what we could do with out phone.
Basically this mod will open a gateway for you to supercharge the kernel(stock) tweak stuff as per your choice and many more functionality.
Well as we know that Android has a pinch of Linux kernel so the init.d support on your PC Linux distribution works here as well, in conjunction with Busybox scripts and other so scripts it runs tweaked and modded scripts at boot stage, I mean at the time of booting. There are loads of stuff which if installed will make your stock kernel faster and smoother and richer also.
- An Android Phone. The better the specs, the better it is (Duh!!).
- init.d flashable ZIP.
- A custom recovery installed
- Two hands
- A pair of eyes
- Download the file from the above link and place it in the root of your SDcard (but not inside any folder)
- Boot into the recovery
- Choose the option install zip from sdcard
- Install the zip as normal(no modification or permissions needed)
- Reboot and you are done.